Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kids, kids, and more kids.....

Ahhhhhh we welcome the warmer spring weather, spring break, and of course all the kids in the neighborhood back to our home we haven't seen since last fall. It's pretty crazy. Being a homeschooling family means we sleep in as late as we want and when the doorbell rang at 9:30 this morning, I wasn't very energetic to open the door to see the neighbor girl standing there with her nephew wanting to play. My kids all but one were still asleep until the doorbell rang. While it is sometimes irritating having 12 kids over at my home, I know I'd rather have my kids and their friends here rather than anywhere else. I hope some day my home will be a safe haven for my kids to bring their friends to, hang out, talk about God and what he's doing in their lives, and just enjoy time with one another. The world is a scary place and it keeps getting scarier, and I know that being a teenager was hard when I was a kid, so I can only imagine what it must be like now. I pray God will continue to use my home, help me keep my emotions in check, and keep my sanity and make my home that God has given me a place of calm and fun for years to come! I hope I never outgrow being the "cool" mom and that kids will feel like they can come here and talk to us about anything without being judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment