Monday, March 2, 2009

Busy Momma blogs a second

Hello all.

If you are reading, we pray God's blessings upon your lives. Times are extra tough right now, but we have hope!

It's been a busy year. I don't know where to begin. Homeschooling has gone ok. We are enjoying it, but I've found it very difficult to keep everyone busy and have a good quality study time. Then I think to myself have we done enough? Are we where we should be? ARGH......all the concerns of a teaching mom. I'm not sure I've done them much of a service of keeping them home this year. But I know I've been so blessed having them here anyway. Just a few more weeks and we'll have summer break, get rested up and shoot again next fall. I can't wait! lol.

We are looking forward to the tractor show at the mall this weekend. Grandpa will be at the mall with his John Deere and of course, we'll be there. Our plans have changed tho seeing as how dad will be working this weekend when we were planning on him originally being off. So it will be mom and the kids again all by ourselves. We are hoping and praying that this situation will soon change for us and dad can get involved again in family things. We miss him horribly when he's not here.

The kids are working on school projects right now. They have been asked to complete two complete stories, illustrated and originally written by them for 2 contests. One is the PBS Young Writers and Illustrators Contest, and another is for the Literacy contest at U of I. We are excited and hoping we can meet the deadline in time. It's crazy! But they've had a fun time with it.

In a few weeks Eli and I will be taking our works of art to be displayed at a local art show. It will be a great experience for both of us. I was actually quite impressed with what left the end of my pencil and ended up as art work on the paper. It's not perfect, it's not even close to being professional, but it was fun! We can't wait to frame and complete our works and send them off to have them displayed.

Emily lost her first tooth today. She screamed and cried, and suddenly stopped and began screaming it's out, it's out! She and I are going to begin doing a newsletter for moms and daughters. We hope to encourage many other moms and daughters who love God and sometimes find themselves in difficult sitations. She's growing so much in her walk with God and her prayers are so innocent and genuine!

Elisha is a case. Today she managed to spill 2 drinks at Taco Bell. I won't mention we also had another spill seconds and I do mean seconds before the later 2 spills. She was heart broken. I had to take her out and console her and assure her she was ok. She's 3 and full of love. She's awesome! She also told me today she has no interest in ever losing or pulling her teeth ever as she puts a hand on one hip and draws her hand to the side.

Ethan will be 2 in just a few weeks. We will actually be celebrating his 2nd birthday one day and his great grandmother's 87th birthday the day after. He's talking up a storm, mean as sin, and cute as a button all at the same time. We're trying to show him that you don't hit when you get mad. He's so adorable tho, he'll go back and hug whomever he's hit and said I sorry. He loves to give hugs and kisses and he loves loves loves his older brother and sisters. He also talks about his friend Ava all the time and he's only seen her like 2 times. They are nearly 6 months apart in age, but he just thinks she's great. He got up this morning and he says "Hi sister, I wake up. Ava Cawawine (Caroline) seep, she wake up!" lol. Oh the funny things they say. Ava lives in Missouri!

All in all we are truly blessed and sharing what God has done for my family is the best reminder I have to show me how God's working in my life, and proves to me how he'll continue to do so in the future. God bless all, and hopefully I can keep up with this!

No comments:

Post a Comment